trip computer problems, help me please

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kh904
My Cars:

trip computer problems, help me please

Post by kh904 »

Hi, I have a problem with the trip computer. I don't know if i'm using it correctly- you're supposed to start the engine then push the button on the of the indicator stalk right? And each time you press the button it's supposed to give you different info (mpg, distance travelled, average speed etc), however the the display doesn't give any data (it's not a problem with the display, hat works perfectly- it displays the date, time, audio setings etc, and the trip computer function but the trip computer doesn't give any data).
Can anyone help? Is there an actual problem, or I am not doing something? If there's a problem is it easy to fix, how much will it cost, and will i have to go to an authorised peugeot garage, or can any large garage repair it?
It's a peugeot 406 coupe 2.0, 2000 (X) and done approx 61k. The car did have a problem with the mileage reading which was repaired by the previous owner at a peugeot dealer, would this be the cause?
Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions
kh904
My Cars:

Post by kh904 »

sorry, i make a mistake, the trip computer modes are activated by pushing the end og the window wiper stalk, is there anyone who can help me pleeeease???