Can you fit blue LEDs to a pug dashboard/centre console?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shooey
My Cars:

Can you fit blue LEDs to a pug dashboard/centre console?

Post by shooey »

2003 Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDI SE 110

Just a few micellaneous questions:

1) Am I right in assuming I can still get my factory fitted CD-changer to work with my new after market CD player (it has the inputs for a CD changer).

2) Any body know where I can get blue LED blubs to replace the orange ones already in the dashboard and centre console? I got some off ebay for my astra eight+ years ago but havent spotted anybody doing them since.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Windows 7 | Android | google chat | msn messenger | skype | loudtalks | viber | liveprofile
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Can you fit blue LEDs to a pug dashboard/centre console?

Post by CitroJim »

It's unlikely the factory fitted CD changer will work with an after-market head unless they're the same make and use the same control protocols, or so I would have thought. Can't be sure on that though...

For blue bulbs, if the dash uses the standard R286 ones then this mob here has them but a bit on the pricey side.

They do all sorts of bulbs so a call to them might have what you want.

Blue bulbs may not be that effective as usually the dash illumination colour is done by filters in the instrument pod. On a Xantia for instance the dash lights up green but the bulbs are clear...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
shooey
My Cars:

Post by shooey »

[quote]Blue bulbs may not be that effective as usually the dash illumination colour is done by filters in the instrument pod. On a Xantia for instance the dash lights up green but the bulbs are clear...[/quote]

Yeah it was the same on my astra but if you get bulbs that are bright enough they can still shine through.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Windows 7 | Android | google chat | msn messenger | skype | loudtalks | viber | liveprofile
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

Seen them done here - looks good

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For what we are about to receive may we be truly thank full.

http://www.citroencodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.peugeotcodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;