806 fog lights

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

806 fog lights

Post by Harlequin »

got some (+ a stalk) for my 806 for fitting , was about to start and i notice 1 small detail - the lights are bigger than the cut outs on my bumper.... , erm , is this right? the lights measure 4 inches tall and 10 inches wide , (thats the front of the glass) , yet the cutout is 8inches by 3...

am i doing something wrong??
Simon
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 806 fog lights

Post by spider »

I recall I think they slightly changed shape at 99 (I'll check this later)

I can only remember having to replace a broken one once it was not nice as the threaded inserts in the bumper all came loose (even with careful use of hand tools)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Hmm OK perhaps not. They are 806 ones you have yes ? I looked at front bumpers too although there's a choice it seems to be with / without headlight washers really nothing to do with foglights. There's a note on it that says "bumpers with additional lights to trim plug" , but that's it. I take it that means you might need to enlarge them..

Pic:

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

aye there actually from a `96 ulysse , but the part number is the same as pug/cit ones anyway for replacement (mines a 98 806);

what i dont get is that i will need to cut some more out to make them fit - didnt have to do this with a 306 i had years ago :(

thank you for the diagram
Simon
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

Viewed from the outside , the driving lamps are slightly shrouded by the bumper - so 100% of the lens isn't visible ( nor does it need to be ) as the lamp assy fits from the rear , since it fits flush up to the rear of the bumper it gives a much neater appearance than having a gap around the outer rim of the lamp.

Don't now exactly how the lamp assy fits , or if the fittings are there in different model permutations ? but it would certainly involve removing the wheel arch liners . Which may be advisable in the first instance to see if the fittings exist before chopping holes ?

My daughter managed to replace a bulb in one of mine by wangling her smaller thinner hand in from under the bonnet - but it was a right PITA. removing the arch liner may have proved quicker .

For the record , the standard halogen headlights are the best I have experienced on any car - ever for their type , the driving lamps help you spot potholes and verges though , in addition to being a valuable asset in fog .