Help! locked out of my 806

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dieselnutjob

Re: Help! locked out of my 806

Post by dieselnutjob »

I have the same problem with my 806
The door open warning registers that a door is open, and all the interior light come on except the front one near the rear view mirror.
It doesn't work from the switch either.
More investigation needed.
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

i`ll swap you - my map lights dont work at all :(
Simon
ken newbold
My Cars: Peugeot 806
Citroen C3 1.4 Hdi

Post by ken newbold »

Going to have a look at this tomorrow afternoon. It always looks good when you take your car apart whilst waiting in the hospital car park :lol:
1998 1.9td Peugeot 806 (Red shed 2)
2004 Citroen C3 1.4HDi
2003 2.2 Pug 807, Gone and never again!
ken newbold
My Cars: Peugeot 806
Citroen C3 1.4 Hdi

Post by ken newbold »

Had this apart this afternoon, the metal contact on the switch for the centre light is broken so that's one problem. The other one is that under a piece of brown plastic are the resistors (or summat) three of, power is getting to them but nothing coming out, so I suspect at least one of the has failed.
Another visit to the scrappies me thinks. :?
1998 1.9td Peugeot 806 (Red shed 2)
2004 Citroen C3 1.4HDi
2003 2.2 Pug 807, Gone and never again!
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

My Syn. has done this once or twice , the ( front ) sunroof drains can block in freezing conditions , and excess ( eventually) thawed water can tip into the map light cluster , or if you have snow on the roof opening the sunrrof to assist demist in cold weather can do the same .

It's very easy to lose the plot when adjusting all the interior light switches to achieve the desired result - on - off - door open . further complicated by an ambient light sensor which leaves the interior lights on for a period in dark / dusk ( you may convince yourself its the lights / switches at fault or incorrect switch positions )then throw into the mixture - the sensor also switches the interior lights on when unlocking the car in the dark - very useful .

I also get differing permutations of Interior lights / time delay according to wether the ignition key is in / out.

More ingredients - the sliding door electrical contacts need thorough cleaning from time to time - both the pins and contact plate or gremlins will ensue , including the int lights and c/locking.

perversley , if my central map / int light stays on regardless - I know there's moisture in it !

On mine it's always an unusual concoction of climate conditions ( internal air con ) + ( external sub zero temp) and thawing snow on the sunroof which causes this . Hardly a common fault though - it's only happened to me twice in 5 + years , both in the last two winters ! no probs at all in summer .

Regarding one of your earlier posts , if the C/L is activated on/off too many times at once , either remotely or by key , it will go into bugger - off mode and refuse to operate for appx. 20 seconds but will then be fine until you overdo it again ? same procedure - just wait a while . or you will have blown the central locking fuse behind the glovebox ?
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

ken newbold wrote:There's no sign of a pin switch on the pillar, but interestingly enough, the door open warning sign lights up but no courtesy light :?

Unusual :?: There are pin switches on the front door pillars . well , at least on my Syn. lower down below the check straps .

The rear doors ( obviously) depend on the sliding door contacts - er - making contact.

:idea: does your tailgate have a circular light operated when opened ? the " switch " is a ball bearing sliding inside a tube via gravity ( part of the lamp assy) - it can stick but is easy to free off with some WD or similar . Not sure if this affects the rest of the int light circuit ?