2005 307 1.6 HDI 110

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

2005 307 1.6 HDI 110

Post by citronut »

a freind of mine hasa just bought as title,

seems quite good for £2300,

heater fan doesnt work and acording to my local dealer says its the more expencive resistor pack i belive must be 8840.02

looking on pug service box it seems to me it fits into the drivers side UK O/S of the heater box near the front end of the centre consoul,

i hads a good look today but cant see it,

i have in the passed fitted the other type 6450.JP which fits in the front of the heater duct above the bottom of the steering colum,

also there is a lot of oil on the top cornner cam belt end of the engine, which apears to be comeing from the short ribbed rubber air hose, can this be caused by the EGR valve???

the other fault is the passengers side front door window will only go down with the drivers side N/S switch, which ever way you opperate it, but the it will go up/close with the passengers side switch

regards malcolm
The Birdman
My Cars:

Re: 2005 307 1.6 HDI 110

Post by The Birdman »

The fan will not work in these if its been "DPF off" , do you know if this car has been "tampered" with so to speak?
For what we are about to receive may we be truly thank full.

http://www.citroencodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.peugeotcodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have no idea as my freind has only just bought the car on saterday 12/11/11,

when he showed me the add on friday i said it sounds to cheap as all the car dealers were showing similar for £4000+,

were on a DIAG 2000 do i find the DPF,

there are invoice's with the car that show £2300 of work carried out July last year, and the car has only done a couple of thou miles since,

the work included a new particulat filter and the fluid replenished,

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

right now i have had chance to dis mantle the heater fan with on board speed control, which is mounted on a big heat sink a bit like the XANT one, appart from the electricary is electronic, and does not have two large dalington transistors,

i found two terminals/pins of the module to be burnt, its the two the heavy wires plug onto and it had not burnd the plastic of the plug very much at all,

cleaned it up and re/fitted it and bongo all functions as it should fo a while anyhow,

pug dealer says this type of resistor pack is not supplied seperatly to the blower unit and costs £180 + VAT retail :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

that loom is £68 quid + VAT from pug dealer,

pollen filter replaced also fitted a new air filter, what a job thats is right down the back of the engine :shock: :evil: :evil: ,

stuppid place to fit a service item skin off knukles lost two mini torx bits never to be seen again :roll: :roll: ,

mind you they have got one thing right at last the heater matrix comes out from the N/S oif the heater box/ after dropping the glove box out =D> =D> =D>, if and when it needs doing,

regards malcolm
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

citronut wrote: ...mind you they have got one thing right at last the heater matrix comes out from the N/S oif the heater box/ after dropping the glove box out =D> =D> =D>, if and when it needs doing,
Tempting fate there Malcolm :twisted:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

myglaren wrote:
citronut wrote: ...mind you they have got one thing right at last the heater matrix comes out from the N/S oif the heater box/ after dropping the glove box out =D> =D> =D>, if and when it needs doing,
Tempting fate there Malcolm :twisted:
not my car :twisted: :lol: :wink:

regards malcolm