205 Window Alignment 5 door model

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

benwilson1973

Post by benwilson1973 »

Recently replaced the near side front door window in my 1995 205 TD. When you wind it up (electric) it sits forward and leaves a gap on the left hand side straight edge. Can't find a way to adjust it in Haynes or online. Any hints appreciated.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 205 Window Alignment 5 door model

Post by spider »

First post I see, so "welcome" :)

Mine used to work fine, although I have changed others a long time ago I personally did not have many problems apart from slight seizure. Is the horizontal channel (underneath the glass, item 3) OK ? and the guide too (item 5)

My initial suspicion is item 5 (the guide) is bent / corroded or misplaced and as the assembly needs to slide along it. Difficult to explain but 2 is not sat in 5 or 5 is damaged, but easy to see hopefully:

Parts etc:

Bigger parts pic:

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
benwilson1973

Post by benwilson1973 »

Thanks a lot for the info. I don't think the guide is bent. I change the window because the channel was corroded on the original. Found one in A1 condition at the scrappy. Notices that the other side could do with slight adjustment as well. Maybe lots of grease in the guides will improve it?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.837738,-0.366209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 205 Window Alignment 5 door model

Post by spider »

That's about 175 (estimate from the top of my head) miles away :D

If the 'balls' in the end of the regulator are worn it can tip too, if there's corrosion clean them with emery paper etc although they might be too worn if they are corroded. It needs to be a decent fit but not too tight no too loose. I'd suggest dismantling it, greasing it and putting it back together again, you can adjust the guides by bending them closed a bit more but that's a bit hit and miss in most cases. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
benwilson1973

Post by benwilson1973 »

Lewes, Sussex. Thanks for that. There is no corrosion so I reckon squeezing the guide channels to make them a touch narrower and packing out with grease is the way to go. Appreciate your time and advice.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.873744,0.007642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;