Mot Work

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Re: Mot Work

Post by Harlequin »

for parts you want to give carparts4less a try - they`re the sister (and cheaper) site to ECP - even uses the same ecp part numbers... example being , pug 2 litre thermostat is £8.44 on ecp , yet its £4.45 on carparts4less.

on and gaiters - i get mine from http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; mine was £3.
Last edited by Harlequin on 16 Nov 2011, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
Simon
Ross
My Cars:

Post by Ross »

Outstanding - this is exactly why this is a quality forum - thanks for the help - getting the kit posted - all in for a couple of quid
Thanks H

Ross
Ross
My Cars:

Post by Ross »

Happy days - sorted the driveshaft,ball joint, hub scenario - the front drop link and both rear panhard rods - booked in for 4 wheel alignment and MOT Saturday
But
Started the car and now the ABS light doesn't go out - the only side I have worked on is the front offside - didn't disturb anything on the back doing the panhard rods but all seems to be back where it should be at5 the front end

Clearly time is going to be short now I have the car booked in 11am tomorrow and was hoping someone might have an insight into what might be the problem or offer advice how to identify/locate in a timely fashion what the problem might be - I didn't disconnect anything - just unscrewed the sensor on the hub and replaced it when finished

The last time I had an ABS problem it was on a Xantia and it was just a touch short of hell to resolve.

Thanks
All
(and by the way - Merry Xmas)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

locate the sensor plug of the one you disasembled and put a ohm meter across it,
or maybe the air gap is full of grease,

regards malcolm
Ross
My Cars:

Re: Mot Work + rear wheel alignment

Post by Ross »

Happy days all done for another year - thanks for the replies - the ABS issue was a classic - took the road wheel off and found the sensor tied up where I left it - no wonder it didn't work - oooops.
One thing though - the garage said it didn't do the adjustments to the rear wheels despite taking the booking for the 4 wheel alignment - they couldn't advise who locally could either - is the realignment of the rear wheels a major issue or are most garages/tyre centres able to to the work - maybe my garage was having a bad day ?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i would not entrust this kind of work to a tyre/exhaust shop,

regards malcolm