605 Active Suspension

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

605 Active Suspension

Post by addo »

Thought I might start an incomplete pictorial on the Denso electronically variable suspension. First up, the ECU. Super-hermetically sealed, I reckon this had sterile Japanese air inside when opened - even after being in a twelve hour flood. Plugs are compatible with the Hydractive harness on a Xantia.

Image Image

Then we have the front anti-roll bar sensor, photographed with broken bump stop and missing return spring. Quite different to the Citroën unit, it has five pins populated on a six pin plug. Again, the unit is super sealed. I have not investigated the extra "tail" with its alloy cap. Second image shows positioning of its carriage, at rear of front subframe right side looking forward.

Image Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a very impressive sensor Adam :D

And what's amazing to us Poms is just how corrosion-free it is.. If that was in Blighty it would look like a relic from the Titanic by now...

How does the suspension work then, is it shockers filled with iron filings or similar to alter their characteristics under the presence of a magnetic field?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Would you believe, that's the most corroded sensor I have, of that type?

Failure (and restive) mode is dead hard damping. Horrible! The signal to shocks is a low frequency modulated waveform which I haven't put on a scope yet. I assume it makes damping discs "float" above orifices against spring pressure.
Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Re: 605 Active Suspension

Post by Dommo »

I presume this is the setup on the lesser spec Toyota Soarers, they've got something called TEMS toyota electronic management system or something that stiffens the suspension but not quite as well as the Active one!