antipollution update?? help?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

antipollution update?? help?

Post by deano1970 »

ok, looked through some older forums, I have a 406 2.0 hdi on a y plate (2001). I have the antipollution light on and the engine management light with it. Now some forums are saying that they always have the same problem whenever they get a service, well I had my oil and filter changed as I was going on holiday in it. It did approx 520 miles before this fault occured. Anyway, If anyone who knows anything about these cars,could you please take a look at this that I found on another forum,if it could be true,could someone point out a bit more exactly where I need to be looking to find this loom? I have no idea where anything is as everything is covered..thanks for any advice again,dean....ok, here is the write up I found......

Conclusion:

The fault is in the 30mm diameter corrugated plastic sheathed wiring/cable loom from the ECU/EMS module on the left (next to the pink relay) .

The loom does a hairpin turn as it leaves the control module and then runs along the front of the engine, branching off to the many engine / fuel system sensors etc. plugs / sockets and to the large round "aircraft" plug under the battery holder.

This loom is VERY intermittent, and if even touched anywhere along its length produces both the fuel pump fault and the anti-polution fault.

Have checked the bundle of earth returns from the loom to the chassis, and all are OK.

I suspect there is at least two broken wires (or short circuiting wires) in the loom, and I feel sure they've been like that (intermittently) for the last 3 - 4 years, hence odd faults appearing after every service when the loom must be moved / touched to change the oil filter and the fuel filter.

The loom is now firmly strapped to the chassis at the "hairpin turn" via two cable ties, and the faults have been clear for the last few weeks.

I may venture to a breakers yard for a replacement when I figure out how many plugs / sockets need removing to replace it. Then again, is a "scrapyard replacement" going to have internittent s/c - o/c wires as well?

Antway it's great to have a fully charged battery in the morning and to not see the anti-polution fault message every other time I start the engine.

Hope this helps someone else! It's been bugging me for years.