DIESEL TURBO CONVERSION - HELP NEEDED -

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jackel

DIESEL TURBO CONVERSION - HELP NEEDED -

Post by jackel »

hi all well if you have read my other thread you will no my gearbox is nackered. well i have now come accross a td engine, gearbox, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, downpipe and the turbo

im going to chuck this lot in, just wondering iff ive mist anything out and do you no iff any of the wiring is differrent.

many thanks
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Wiring should not be an issue really, ultimately only the stop solenoid needs energising (same for both) and the glow plug wiring is about the same, things like post heating can be done away with anyway.

TD engines tend to have a bigger (thicker usually) radiator compared to the NA models.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
jackel

Post by jackel »

spider wrote:Wiring should not be an issue really, ultimately only the stop solenoid needs energising (same for both) and the glow plug wiring is about the same, things like post heating can be done away with anyway.

TD engines tend to have a bigger (thicker usually) radiator compared to the NA models.
What do you mean by stop solenoid needs energising
i persume this is on the diesel pump. is the diesel pump on the engine on these, sorry if i sound dum but im used to petrol vag 1.8t's lol
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

the stop solenoid just cuts the fuel supply when the ignition is turned off, no power to solenoid=no fuel flow=engine dies, its the only way to stop a derv.

Also have you got a TD or a HDI? a HDI or common rail diesel will have a high pressure pump which is driven by the timing belt but IS NOT TIMED it also has a lift pump in the tank.
An old TD will still have the lift pump and a high pressure pump driven from the cam belt but it IS TIMED and needs alligning with the cam and crankshaft to mechanicaly inject fuel at the right time in the stroke.

Good luck

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
jackel

Post by jackel »

yeh its a xud td, so basicaly i can just change the rad drop the engine in change downpipe.

thank you very much for the info
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Hopefully niether yours or the donor car had a keypad, if you can see the fuel solonoid on the pump, at the back just above where the injector pipes come out, with a terminal and a single wire connected to it you are OK, if it has a multiway plug its from a keypad equipped vehicle.

Peter
jackel

Post by jackel »

Peter.N. wrote:Hopefully niether yours or the donor car had a keypad, if you can see the fuel solonoid on the pump, at the back just above where the injector pipes come out, with a terminal and a single wire connected to it you are OK, if it has a multiway plug its from a keypad equipped vehicle.

Peter
is there any way round this or will it have to be replaced
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If the donor engine has a keypad operated pump and the original doesn't, the easiest thing to do is swap the pumps, if its the other way round it doesn't matter as all you have to do is connect an ignition switched supply to the fuel solonoid.

Peter