205 Low Fuel

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ecps
My Cars:

205 Low Fuel

Post by ecps »

Anybody experienced "low fuel surging" on a 205. My 205 TD surges, especially when cornering, when I get down to the last 10 ltrs or so of fuel. It's always done it and my previous non turbo 205 did the same (150,000 and 140,000 miles respectively, all bar 10,000 done by me). Not unduly concerned as it's a timely reminder to get some diesel (I've never been able to get more than 43 ltrs in either car so assume that I'm not running that close to empty). Should I start losing sleep or is it just one of lifes litle challenges?
andy hannett
My Cars:

Post by andy hannett »

Had a 205D few years ago, fantastic car. Did the same thing when running low, think it has something to do with the operation of the pump and the positioning of the intake.
Like you, used it as a reminder to get some fuel.
Regards
Andy
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I had a 205 GLD new in 1988, covered two hundred thousand miles with it, never had any such problems, what I did get was the water in fuel light glowing regularly and required frequent draining of the filter, may be they raised the pick up tube in the tank on later models to prevent it fetching all the dirt out of the tank resulting in your problem, who knows.
Regards Dave