Anyone good with wires? :o)

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

siraff

Anyone good with wires? :o)

Post by siraff »

Hello all.
I've all but finished the 306TD into partner conversion and now I'm in need of a bit of help for the last leg.
Everything is working apart from the temp gauge, speedo, rev counter and drivers side electric window.
Fuel gauge works.
I've got a spare round plug on the 306 loom which I think may have something to do with it as there's nowhere to plug it in the partner loom.
Any ideas what I should be connecting to what? I don't want to go blindly fiddling and blow something.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

You probably have two faults here.

Never heard of this being tried with the loom though ( ! ) , why not keep the Partner loom assuming its not multiplexed ?

Anyway, you have a missing +12v feed to the instrument panel by the sounds of it, as there are two or more from memory, all gauges are not fed from one feed.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
siraff

Post by siraff »

I kept the 306 engine loom because the partner one feeds straight into the ecu and a round plug. The car loom is still from the partner. The big plug seems the same. It plugged in and most things work. The things I mentioned are missing and it's not supplying power to glow plugs, starter solenoid or stop solenoid. I've taken a feed from the ignition switch for the starter and stop solenoids and now it starts and stops off the key.
It would be nice to know how many of the faults are being caused by the small round plug (would be left side of the car behind the radiator on the 306).
I tried to follow the wires but they end up at the multi-plugs and I can't see which wire goes to which pin.