This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pdg

Post by pdg »

Hi all,

So, I've got this 104 (1988 LHD on French plates). It was on the road until about 18months ago when we moved back to the UK from France.

Looking on old posts in this forum, there were (apparently) 207 left registered in the country in 2005 (140 of which were SORN - even thought the model amounts don't add up :roll: ).

Anyone got an opinion as to whether it's worth bringing it over here? It'll need a little welding and some 'running repairs' (none of which is an issue for me really) but what sort of value - historic or otherwise - would be put on a vehicle like this?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I think they are quite rare, I cannot recall having seen one to be honest 'in the metal'

I think its the same (almost?) as the Talbot Samba, itself now quite rare.

I was not aware they were around at that year (88) I thought production stopped around 83 / 84 but I have not checked.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
pdg

Post by pdg »

They stopped selling them in the UK with the introduction of the 205 in 83/84 (or so I've heard :) ) The samba was almost the same but slightly longer body(?)

Production didn't actually stop until 88 though for the domestic (i.e. French) market. I've even got the original warranty ticket and factory dispatch note thingy to prove the date 8-)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

its closer looking to the LN/A,

have you looked at the VISA forum UK,

i cant find the link at the mow as my book marks are in moth balls at the mowment,

but im sure Franklin will be along soon to direct you as he is one of the organiser/admin,

regards malcolm
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

:wave2:
...I set up the Visa forum mainly for the Visa, C15, LN, LNA and Axel but 104 and Samba owners are more than welcome.
I believe that there is a chap on there that has a Samba that he rallies too.

Feel free to register up and see you on there! :D

Link
Franklin
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

autoshite.com

they'll go nuts if you tell them you have a 104