Nightmare 307 HDi

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Citroenmad wrote:Do you know if your 307 has a FAP filter? I thought the 2.0 110 8v HDi in a 307 is FAP equipped?

Just a question, nothing to do with your problem, sorry.

Could it be the turbo which is at fault? Its no doubt a sensor somewhere, or a hole in pipework ducting.

Im slightly alarmed at how many 2.0HDis are having similar problems, there is quite a few people on here with recent threads reporting similar problems with their cars.

Mine included!

The antipollution fault that has been reported on and off over the past couple of months has been permanent for the past two weeks.
Sometimes it would only rev up to 2800 revs and have no power at all - max 40mph until warmed up.
No boost until 3800-4000 revs.
But occasionally the 2800 revs limit would disappear and it would rev freely despite the antipollution fault being displayed and the engine management light/service light on.

We took my daughter's SAAB to our mechanic last night and I mentioned to him that I would be bringing the C5 in for him to cast an eye over.
Since I spoke to him all the problems have gone, like magic.
I think the car is scared of Richard :)
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

myglaren wrote: We took my daughter's SAAB to our mechanic last night and I mentioned to him that I would be bringing the C5 in for him to cast an eye over.
Since I spoke to him all the problems have gone, like magic.
I think the car is scared of Richard :)
That is what i like! Self curing cars, if only they did it more often :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
kaostheory
My Cars:

Post by kaostheory »

Well now i'm totally confused. I found the main problem ( i think ) the bottom intercooler hose was splitright underneath the jubilee clip. I have replaced that and now the turbo spools and everything reads as it should at standstill.

BUT!!!!

With the MAF ( New MAF from EuroCarParts - Pierburgh ) connected the car drives as though in limp mode but worse extreme poor acceleration.

With the MAF disconnected the car drives fine but sluggish for a second at low revs <2k RPM. No Codes

Can anyone suggest why it would only do it with the MAF connected? And what are the chances of the MAF being knackered i bought it over a month ago so they aint gonna exchange it, guess i'll have to buy another to test :(
kaostheory
My Cars:

Post by kaostheory »

this is still ongoing so any fresh eyes on this would be appreciated
fynnbar

Post by fynnbar »

Disconnect the MAF sensor wiring. Generally, if you see an improvement, it points to a faulty MAF. There is no reason to assume that a relatively new component is automatically in good order.
Having fixed the intercooler leak, surely you can plug the car in again and see whatever faults are now present ? Your earlier readout pointed to the MAF, plus an EGR fault.
Clearing the faults eliminates those that are stored but rectified.