How do you change Expert front seats. Advice please.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

joyfulnosaj

How do you change Expert front seats. Advice please.

Post by joyfulnosaj »

I have bought an old 2002 Dispatch (same as Expert), but the front seats are torn and dirty and so not as good as the front seats on my 2000 version that has just failed MOT on emisions and is not worth the repair costs., but was very clean up front.

It is the three front seat version. I have looked and there are some allen key style screws holding the seats down (4 per seat) and and a thin square nut underneath the body, but allen keys don't fit, at least the set that I have (is there some sort of special manufacturers key?

Is the nut under neath welded on (the reason I ask as it looks like two of the nuts are covered by the heat sheild above the catalytic box and I do not want to have to take the exhaust off.

Anybody with experience of changing seats advice would be much appreciated.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

usualy they are torx/star bolt these days this is why your allan keys dont fit.work,

im not 100% sure on the dispatch but they are likely to be around T45 to T50 ish,

the square nuts below should be spot welded into place,

what exactly is wrong with the 2000 one,

were abouts are you

regards malcolm
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

they'll be done up quite hard
I don't think you'll get them out unless you get 3/8" or 1/2" drive ones and a proper ratchet, t handle or breaker bar
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

a 3/8th drive ratchet usualy does the job

regards malcolm
joyfulnosaj

Post by joyfulnosaj »

Thanks for the advice.

The torx key just about did it with a bar. But was quite stressful: most bolts were ok, but a few that are exposed to the elements below (not in a channel box) ended up solid. I tried heating then up underneath, wire brushing the threads and loads of penetrating oil. Best I could do finally was hacksaw off the heads, take out the seats, then cut a groove in the head and wind them back through. Got there in the end, but not a recommended way of spending a Sunday.

Old V reg 1.9TD van failed MOT last Wednesday, oil leak suspected getting into the engine so very smoky, one tyre, break load sensing valve seized.

Shame really because has run very well for two years sisnce I had it and statrs well. Not really worth spending any money, but the seats where better than the 2002 2.0HDI I picked up last week to replace it.