Cruise Control!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris56000
My Cars:

Cruise Control!!!

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

I've also got a problem with the cruise control on my 406 HDi - that doesn't work either!!!

I bought the car in Newton Aycliffe and driving it down the M6 from Tebay (J38) to just before J32 at Preston I know for a fact the cruise control worked fine then!!!

I've got some of Pugshot's blue wiring manuals but they're only for the D8 phase 1 series with the original shape rad. grill model like my Dad has (I can't find any cruise control in that anywhere), and the Book of Fairy Tales only gives cruise control for the petrol engine!!!

The Driver's Words says Cruise control is only operational on 4th/5th gear, is there a switch on the ML5T gearbox to activate this, and is it possible that the gearbox I got on fleabay earlier this summer to get the thing going is missing this? The garage had already got rid of the original one when I went to pick up the car, so I couldn't check it!!!

Has anyone got a Wiring Diagram of Pugshot 406 DW10ATED Phase 2 Cruise Control, and also a piccy showing the physical layout of the harnesses and the pluggery positions etc., off the Service Box Docs so I can check it out please?

Chris Williams
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

I looked at this as I wanted to retrofit cruise control onto my 806 HDI.
Basically the cruise control is all built into the engine ECU on the HDI and the on/off switch and stalk all connect straight to the ECU.
There is no gearbox switch and so as far as I can tell the only way that the ECU can know what gear you're in is by comparing road speed with engine revs.
Also cruise is dependant on both brake pedal switches and the clutch pedal switch working correctly, and lastly I think maybe it has a fuse to power the stalk as well.
The brake pedal switches need to be synchronised so that they both switch at the same time as well.
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

I've now been able to procure the diagram, all crammed up on one A4-sized page, but it shows all the cruise-control works as operating on the injection/management ECU no. 1320, and furthermore I've just found a small thingy with what feels like a press-button on it dangling down on two wires behind the clutch pedal (see my post "Dream Car turning into a Screaming Nightmare!!!!" for the full chronicles!!!) - almost certainly the clutch-pedal switch ref. 7042!!!

So it looks like I've to fit that back - what a lovely job it is bent backwards and upside-down over the door sills and doing your neck and back in for evermore!!!!

There's also that lack of power still, I'll chronicle my findings on that anon!!!

Chris Williams
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

There will be a clutch switch

This might also explain the lack of power as from memory even models without C/C will have this too.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG