Adding Sat Nav!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris56000
My Cars:

Adding Sat Nav!

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi

Can anyone advise me if this kit can be used to add the Nav Option to my 406 HDi Executive and will it be possible to reconfigure the b.s.i. to operate it?

Chris Williams
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You dont need to re configure anything, these smartnav kits are not multiplexed. they are just hard wired into the car.
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

Further to my enquiry about SatNav, what I'm actually looking for is:-

1) The Sat Nav/Gyroscope unit ref 8500 that fits in the boot and has a 4-way plug on it together with a GPS aerial connector, and;

2) The alternative 320 x 64 LCD Multifunction Module (and facia to suit)?

According to the Multiplexing Manual ref 1423-GB-05/99 these units *do* interface with the BSI and actually send the synthesised voice messages thro' the sound system - the manual also suggests the radio I have is already compatible!!!

Can anyone suggest sources for these two items? (need not be perfect as I can have a poke at faulty ones!).

I haven't had any luck finding 'em on the Parts database yet! The remotes often come up on eBay but its the rest of the Factory-fitted tackle I'm after!

Chris Williams

PS! I only got my pile of manuals this morning so wasn't sure what sort of kit I needed yesterday!
Last edited by Chris56000 on 09 Jun 2010, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The first kit you mentioned in the link (the smatnav one) does not need programing & doesent interface with the multiplex network but if you want the 'factory fitted' one then the wiring may already be there already & it will need programed in by Peugeot planet/Diag2000.
Scrapyard will be you best bet i think.
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

Further to the above I've managed to procure the Navigation CD unit (the thingy shown as "8500" with a chip & compass symbol in the schematics!!!), bracket and its database CD, & got feelers out for the EMF Type C MFD it needs, is there anything else I'll need (apart from the programming and its remote - these always come up on fleabay!!!) to complete the installation, and will I have to get alternative trim panels etc., or does it go where the JBL o/p unit fits?

Chris Williams

PS!!! I don't know how old the database CD that comes with it'll be tho - are updated ones released from time to time?

PPS!!! Further to all the above, my "Presentation" booklet says the GPS Aerial is fitted to the top of the instrument panel cluster - will I have to try and source the Instrument Panel from a Sat-Nav equipped version, or were all the 406 phase 2 range fitted with the wiring, aerial, mounting position, etc., etc. for the additional (extra-cost option!!!) Sat-Nav?

If anyone can find me any piccys, instructions or wiring details, etc., from PSB Doccys Backup I'll be ever so grateful!!!