Peugeot 306 IR Remote Key question?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

R9UKE
My Cars:

Peugeot 306 IR Remote Key question?

Post by R9UKE »

Hi guys,

I just bought a Peugeot 306 at auction this evening, seems like a great wee car. It's MOT is up this weekend, so no doubt I will be posting more threads for you guys to help with :)

First thing is the key. The button has gone, and there were no batteries in it. I'm pressing down on what's left of this connection, and cannot feel it press in, I can't see how the button works? Also, any idea how many batteries go in? It's either two or three. With two in, you can feel them shaking around, with three in the key seems hard to close back up again.

I'd really appreciate any help getting this remote working, the lock in the door is a bit sticky and this would make life easier!

Oh and the radio, when turned on it displays -- -- -- --
I thought this may be the code, but have pressed every button and nothing.

French is best.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I think the centre of the button is missing (I don't mean the rubber cover, which is available separately from memory), the actual switch button insert is missing. You need another one (remember to swap tiny transponder chip) unless you are good at soldering.

They look a bit like this (not my pic) notice the centre in the button:

Typically two batteries, the metal strap may be loose or bent the wrong way if they are loose. LED should light up when button depressed.

- - - - , typically means its waiting or locked. If you hold a couple of buttons down it will go into test mode but this is not ideal. Try holding one button down (band or something) you want it to say "CODE" , then you enter the code.

What make of radio is it ? (pic please if possible) if its a Clarion I may be able to get you the code.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Thanks for that, I got the remote working by completing the circuit - using two ends of a paperclip to connect an outer connection with the centre connection on what is left of that button. It works - but bizarrely the doors lock then unlock quickly again, which doesn't happen with the key. Ah well, I don't plan to keep this one long!

I've tried pressing and holding all buttons!
French is best.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

You're welcome.

The doors locking / unlocking is called bouncing, this can be anything unfortunately.

Do not overlook the actual lock buttons on the doors themselves, if these do not work or jam it can make it bounce. I would suggest taking them off (they come off quite easily with just a small screwdriver in the hole or something) but they can be a right pain to put back to be honest sometimes.

I don't think I can help with that radio, its not the one I was hoping to see (although I can tell yours is the first shape of 306 from the pic) and that's the correct original unit. I think with that model you press the 1 button then the up down buttons to choose a number, then press 2 and up down again etc, repeating till all four code digits are in place then press 5 to store.

It might actually be faulty if its not responding at all. Hold the FM button down with it switched off (ignition on, radio off) for about 10 seconds to see if that works at all.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG