Unusual Peugeot 306 steering wheel

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

carlo14
My Cars:

Unusual Peugeot 306 steering wheel

Post by carlo14 »

Does any 306 enthusiast know when this steering wheel was used on 306s, I think I remember it being issued for a short while before the airbag one came out (unless its a foreign only job). It's a great design and fancy one for my car, if I could get it anywhere. It's on the following ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-PEUGEOT-306- ... 1c12a77dbe
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Higher spec models had that before air-bags, it is a UK issued wheel.

D-Turbo (early L reg ones typically) and XSi, BUT some of these had a three spoke one instead, just to confuse you (sorry)

Possibly the XR had it, the XR is the next one down from the top XT (but the XL and XN certainly not) , obviously the XT has it as you can see in that link.

Air bags: Although that wheel does not have one, they changed about 97 iirc too (from the one with the light on it to the later ones just before they changed model shape)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
carlo14
My Cars:

Post by carlo14 »

Cheers, yes, I remember the XSi/S16 sporty 3 spoke one but I'd always thought the XT went straight from the standard thick 2 spoke 306 wheel straight to the airbag one. Suppose my chances of finding one of these are fairly remote. They must have been available just in 1994.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

They are a rare steering wheel anyway unfortunately, as its quite a nice design for the non air bag models. The base model pre-airbag one is horrible I think.

It is a bit slim to find one. They might actually be available new, although I would not expect them to be very cheap.

However, you never know you're luck :D , one may appear at your local scrapyard.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG