Easy to replace the Comms 2000 unit in a Peugeot 206?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

R9UKE
My Cars:

Easy to replace the Comms 2000 unit in a Peugeot 206?

Post by R9UKE »

Hi there,

My mums 206 is suffering from the fault where the headlights come on when you indicate. I've had a search and it's a common fault which requires the Comms 2000 unit to be replaced behind the steering wheel.

Is this a regular DIY job, or because of airbags etc does it need to be done by a professional?

Thanks.
French is best.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

It should be easy enough DIY - provided the car has not got ESP. Take the battery off (Taking care to follow the correct procedure, as discussed in this thread ), wait 10 mins, then tackle the airbag and wheel. I read somewhere that a Pug tech could do one of these in 12 minutes.... :lol: If it's got ESP then it needs to go on the Lexia to have the steering angle sensor re-set (you could still do the change out, then take it for a Lexia session afterwards).
Richard W
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I had the same thing with my C5, indicators would work three times then the headlights would come on.

I replaced mine myself, around £180 from the dealer for the comms 2000 unit, which is the indicator stalks and housing. Removing the wheel is the most difficult thing, its a bit fiddly getting the wheel of the 206s.

There is a whole in the back of the wheel which you need to push a screw driver into, its a bit of a fiddle but eventually it does come off. Then its just a matter of undoing the wires and screws, taking off the old unit and fitting in the new one.

There are comms 2000 units on ebay, however i didnt go for one of those, most are used and you wont know if they have a problem until its fitted. Also you need to get the stalks to match its current ones, so if it had front fogs etc.

If i turned the sidelight or headlights on the indicators worked fine. Might be worth seeing if your 206 does the same until you get a new unit fitted.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Hi,

Yes exactly the same problem with the 206. The headlights are automatic, when they're on, the indicators are fine. I'm going to look in to replacing it for her, as it can actually be quite dangerous!

However I'll hold back for a while, she is test driving the Peugeot 1007 this afternoon so we'll see what happens... may be a problem for the next owner to sort out!
French is best.