306 Instruments

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Alhambra
My Cars:

306 Instruments

Post by Alhambra »

The car is a 2001 306 1.6 auto cabriolet and I'm having an intermitent problem with the car instruments - on some occasions when I start the engine the speedometer and rev counter deflect full scale and the auto gearbox gear position lights flash in sequence, after a couple of seconds things go back to normal.

I have found that if I turn on the ignition and wait until the oil level indicator pointer just starts to move I can start the engine and everything is as it should be.

It's an annoying little problem that would like to resolve - anyone got any ideas?

HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

I had a similar problem on a previous car,dials going haywire etc,even the wipers.. turned out to be a dodgy battery. Or maybe a bad earth,starter motor etc?

This is a good forum/font of information for pug 306 owners, they live and breath the things :)

http://www.pug306.net/forum/index.php

You'll have to join (free), to see all the posts.
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
Alhambra
My Cars:

Problem Solved

Post by Alhambra »

Thanks for the advice. I've had a new battery fitted and the instrument deflection problem has been resolved.

It was done at a Nationwide Autocentre and the boss is an ex Peugeot technician who said that the problem was a known one on all late 306 models.