106 stalling and not restarting

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

106 stalling and not restarting

Post by lurchy666 »

Hello the car is a 106 1.1 tu1 engine j reg on carb, in the mornings she just wont start and when been on a run as soon as you put the clutch down and let it idle it stalls, it is exactly like switching off the ignition there is no spluttering like it is running out of fuel, it definatly seems electrical

some times it restarts sometimes it don’t, if I tow it to start it it is fine, the idle speed and mixture is right where it is meant to be, (I took it to my mot place to see if that was wrong with it)

also when it wont start it is getting fuel but no spark (tested the old favorite way by pulling leads off and a spare plug on a earth to see if got spark )

but the car runs fine when it is running if u get my drift (no missing , no splutters or anything like that)

so far I have eliminated the fuel/air supply the ht leads are old but they are fine , the dizzy cap and rotor arm are ok, the coil seems to be fine all readings took to test it (as in Haynes manual) are all the same as the Haynes,

also i have taken all wiring plugs apart and cleaned them with wire brush as the big one near the rad had some crap inside it and stopped my water temp light working,

could it be the little black box on the side of the dizzy (the ignition amp module) breaking down, that seems to be the only thing i havent touched yet, ??

any other ideas what could be wrong with it??
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

ok think i solved it, just for anyone else who has this problem, take the little black module off the dizzy (2 t20 torx screws) and clean up all the terminals, thats what was wrong with mine, i had crap in the terminals on the dizzy
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg