205 external sunroof runners

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TooMany2cvs
My Cars:

205 external sunroof runners

Post by TooMany2cvs »

All,

'erselfs 205 ('90 3dr) has the big external sunroof. Tail end of autumn, though, the felt runners within the rails fixed to the outside of the roof skin had a bit of a sulk - and "crinkled" backwards, jamming the glass. Fortunately, we got it closed again, and it's been watertight over the winter.

But. Spring is coming (he says, wildly optimistically). I know I'm going to get earache unless it can be used.

Anybody ever tried replacing the runners? Is a standard extrusion from somewhere like Woollies (http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/) going to do the job? Is it going to be as simple (HA!) as removing the rails from above, replacing the runners, and re-assembling?

Any thoughts welcomed...
Adrian
toomany2cvs (a) gmail.com
A miscellany of motorised silliness, from 0.75bhp to 9ft tall.
http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I did not know these type of sunroof's were fitted to pre-facelift models.

I have one but its face-lift and vacuum operated (the "seal" is vacuum operated) , is your similar ?

I've never took it apart as I think parts are going to be probably no longer available, although mine seems to still be OK, although I very rarely open it.

I'll update this post with some pictures in a few minutes...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
spider

Post by spider »

These are the only pictures I have of the pre-facelift sunroof (the sliding one)

First pic is the assembly itself:

Second pic is the vacuum system:

As you can see, the pictures are not very good quality I'm afraid, all I have though.
Andy.

TooMany2cvs
My Cars:

Post by TooMany2cvs »

spider wrote:I did not know these type of sunroof's were fitted to pre-facelift models.
The car's one owner from new until we bought it last spring, so it's definitely original. It's a 1.1 4spd "Style". Mmm. Pikey-spec-a-go-go.
I have one but its face-lift and vacuum operated (the "seal" is vacuum operated) , is your similar ?
Yes, and no. I've seen that diagram in the HBoL, but this isn't vacuum (tfft). It's much simpler - the glass is just latched closed at the front. But the basics look similar.

I'm in no doubt that I'm going to have to get... persuasive... on the screws, so I really want to be sure I can do it before fiddling!
Adrian
http://www.WhereverTheRoadGoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spider

Post by spider »

Ah, I do not think I have a picture of that. That image is not from the HBOL ;)
Andy.

TooMany2cvs
My Cars:

Post by TooMany2cvs »

spider wrote:Ah, I do not think I have a picture of that.
I shall try to rectify that over the weekend.
Adrian
motalink
New User
My Cars: Peugeot MK 1 pre-face lift 1.9 GTI 1988

Re: 205 GTI Vacuum sunroof / interior headlining and sun screen channel

Post by motalink »

spider wrote: 12 Feb 2010, 12:04 These are the only pictures I have of the pre-facelift sunroof (the sliding one)

First pic is the assembly itself:

Second pic is the vacuum system:

As you can see, the pictures are not very good quality I'm afraid, all I have though.
motalink
New User
My Cars: Peugeot MK 1 pre-face lift 1.9 GTI 1988

Re: 205 GTI Vacuum sunroof sun screen shade detail

Post by motalink »

Hi, I'm in the process of full renovation of a Mk1 pre-facelift 205 GTI, and looking for illustrations of the interior headlining / support frame / sunroof screen and runners.
The H frame attaches to the underside of the vacuum sunroof and supports both the headlining and has side channels for the sliding sun screen, I've seen your illustrations of the vacuum sunroof / brilliant but do you have any illustrations of the underside frame?