Peugeot Partner bits.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rustynuts
My Cars:

Peugeot Partner bits.

Post by Rustynuts »

Morning people. I registered a while back when I had problems with my Berlingo turbo misbehaving, and I managed to get that one sorted. But I just sold the old Berlingo and picked up a new Partner van. The time had come to get rid as it was nearing 250k miles and was getting very tired. I got £300 for it in part ex, and I thought that was a good deal... :lol:

Anyway. Picked up my new wheels on Monday from Birmingham, having driven the old one down from North Yorks to change. When I got there the clutch was slipping badly, the front wheel bearing was howling, the locks wouldn't work unless you jiggled the key, there was a nasty knocking sound coming from the rear somewhere, 4 barely legal tyres on it, no road tax (I took that off) and I suspect it's time had just about come. Glad to be in something a bit more roadworthy. So I've now got an 07 Partner 1.6HDI 90bhp with 66k on the clock. Nice little motor.

Well, onto the problem. Nothing much really but there's only one key and the lock function doesn't work on the fob. It unlocks okay and it looks like the actual fob button is broken inside. This means I have to use the drivers door to lock the van all the time as the rear door lock is siezed. So, I need 2 new keys cutting and coding. Where's the best place to go for these? I'm happy to pay as little as possible so I presume a dealer is going to be quite costly. Timpsons Autolocksmiths replied to my email saying they didn't offer national coverage anymore, so they must not have a bloke in North Yorks.

Cheers.
:D
Rustynuts
My Cars:

Post by Rustynuts »

Well, I stripped the key fob down today and had a look inside. The switch for the locking circuit had come off the circuit board so I soldered it back into place and I have full function from my one key. Still need another one though if anyone has any ideas?
Rustynuts
My Cars:

Post by Rustynuts »

Everyone must've gone away for Christmas I suppose. :?
Rustynuts
My Cars:

Post by Rustynuts »

And all away for New Year aswell no doubt.

Got it sorted now anyway. Thanks for all the help. :D