Peugeot 806-are they any good?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bumperman
My Cars:

Peugeot 806-are they any good?

Post by bumperman »

I've got the offer of a 51 reg TDi manual air con version with 80k at the right money which I'm considering buying for my own use as a dual purpose private/work vehicle. Wants a bit of bodywork which I can do.
Anything to check/look out for on these?
Very similar to Citroen Synergie/Fiat Ulysse.

Thanks

Bumperman
93 Peugeot 405 STDT ser 2 Estate manual Alhambra Red
89 Peugeot 505 GTi Estate manual Winchester Grey
87 Peugeot 505 GTi Estate manual Winchester Grey
96 Xantia td SX Estate RP6910 manual Quartz(silver)
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Bumperman,

I've got the Citroen Synergie Td 'W' reg which I've had for 4 years. Mechanicals are almost bulletproof and require minimal attention, electrics do suffer from usual gremlins though and I've had problems with C/Locking and indicators but nothing more than irritating stuff - nothing terminal.
Worth making sure that the transmission doesn't grate when changing gear as the syncro's are not overly strong although I drove mine up and down the pyrenees with no 2nd gear a couple of years ago. Still not fixed either!!
It drives more like a van than a car but as a practical work/private use vehicle it is superb. I honestly would not be without it.

Surely being a 51 plate, yours will be an Hdi which I believe is not quite as robust as the Td.

Please feel free to ask questions about specific parts which could be common between the 2 models though.
Gammy
LLOYD

Post by LLOYD »

ive got an hdi synergie on an 02 and aside from the nightmare sourcing a 3 piece exhaust for it and a stuffed fuel gauge(still stuffed) ive had no issues , does 30 mpg cold short journeys , comfy and easy to run, no modification bits that i can find and alloys are a bit thin on the ground