406 v6 coupe test drive

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Martycit
My Cars:

406 v6 coupe test drive

Post by Martycit »

Test drove my first coupe yesterday and such a shame it turned out to be a bag of s**t. 1495.00 at catterick garrison (dealer) on ebay and best avoided although they said thry would not sell it in current condition.

Bumpy ride as expected!!
runs at 105 - 110 degrees with fan on and on a cool damp day
Oil and stop light on at low revs
ripped driving seat
engine note not quite right
bang when change up or down quick(engine mount?)
Oil virtually black

When i got back into my v6 estate i realised how good it actually is, pulls well and sounds great, i was gonna give it to the wife and sell her 2.0 estate and have a coupe for myself but now im not so sure and it would have to be a really good one if i was to change. The coupe is at 82k miles wheras mine at 96k and just goes to show what happens with no care or attention!!
1994 zx 2.0 16v, 2003 Rover commerce 2.0 direct injection TD Van, 2007 Renault Laguna mk3 2.0 DCI Dynamic
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hmm
doesn't sound good Marty..

They all wear the bolster as soon as out of the factory, and the ride isnt brill, but its not terrible (well mine is but I have driven two others that were fine)

way to hot, mine is 70-80 only...

engine mounts do suffer...

but black oil a sure bad sign, esp at only 82K..

John
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sounds like some serious problems there Marty. Oil light on at idle is very worrying. I'm presuming this is a manual V6 Coupe. If it's an auto and banging on changes then that too would be grave cause for concern.

One to avoid unless you can get it for silly money and desire a project.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...