My gear box sounds like a concrete mixer.........

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spic01

My gear box sounds like a concrete mixer.........

Post by spic01 »

I know it sounds like a soung from the Wurzels but its true... i repalced the clutch,clutch plate and release bearing due to the bearing falling a part in my hand when removed it. This was around 5 thousand miles ago and once everything was replaced and refitted all was ok... but now the clutch/gear box sounds very noisey more so in the mornings, to start off the noise would nearly go once the clutch was pressed but now its there all the time,the noise sounds like a mixture of churning metal and a noisey roller bearing on a alternator...the car pulls away fine but fibrates slightly when slowing down through the gears, it also fibrates a little in high gears at low revs, which it never use to , i do remember driving through some deep water a few weeks ago but cant say for sure if the fault started directly after... i have been told by my local gareage its more than likley the Dual mass fly wheel but due to the cost of them im reluctant to purchase one until im sure this is the fault/part i need .

Any help would be most greatful

Steve.