405 hub carrier

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroen7
My Cars: 73 stag,86 bx gt 89 bxgti 90 bxgti 4x4 91 metor auto 97 p38 2004 c5 2.0 vtr 2006 c5 estate 1.6

405 hub carrier

Post by citroen7 »

hi guys;
slight hic up today with the 405 wifey reversing out of freinds drive and passenger side ball joint decieded to make a run for it :( i managed to get it all back together to move the car but it would seem i need a new hub carrier so does anyone have one or is there any other car across the range that would fit ? i have rung 8 scrapies and not a 405 in sight , but going through my various spares the BX carrier looks very much the same so can anyone enlighten me ?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Can you not replace the bottom balljoint Robin or was some other damage sustained to the hub carrier that means it must be replaced?

Xantia ones look very much the same too...

Surprised no 405s in the scrappies....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroen7
My Cars: 73 stag,86 bx gt 89 bxgti 90 bxgti 4x4 91 metor auto 97 p38 2004 c5 2.0 vtr 2006 c5 estate 1.6

Post by citroen7 »

the threads have stripped in the hub carrier jim when the ball joint was replaced not so long ago and it was one of those moments when you just know something is not right ,the one that came out was an absolute mere
which makes me think that it was cross threaded .
When i put the new one in it just seemed very loose and did not thighten up as i would expect ,but i got it tight and knocked in the flanges and it has been on for the best part of 4 months.
I am quite tempted to shove some chemical metal in there and try and put a couple of tacks with the welder for the time being as it is only a week till the kids are on holiday so one car will do for a while
fodtommo
My Cars:

Post by fodtommo »

I would type "Peugeot 405 breaking" into Ebay.

Then sort by distance and youll find one nearest you, there are normally 5 or so being broken around the country.

Hope this helps!