306 immobiliser! Need help ASAP.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ed
My Cars:

306 immobiliser! Need help ASAP.

Post by Ed »

I disconnected my battery for about 10 mins this morning, and now of course the immobiliser is activated. The alarm fob I have misplaced since moving house last month, so I only have the ignition key.

How can I get the immoboliser to allow the car to start without the alarm fob thing? HELP please!?
George

Re: 306 immobiliser! Need help ASAP.

Post by George »

Ed wrote:I disconnected my battery for about 10 mins this morning, and now of course the immobiliser is activated. The alarm fob I have misplaced since moving house last month, so I only have the ignition key.

How can I get the immoboliser to allow the car to start without the alarm fob thing? HELP please!?
Are you talking about the keypad immobiliser where you enter a four figure number?

Is the alarm factory fitted or after market?

Alarm fobs can be had from ebay and can be reprogrammed, often the owners manual will tell you how to do this.
Ed
My Cars:

Post by Ed »

This is a L-'94 306 without keypad. Anyway, I've sorted it, and thought I'd better report back in case this happens to anyone else.

I found this very useful thread, that lists several different ways to get around this probelm: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/ ... f=4&t=9597

The one that worked for me was to disconnected battery, turn ignition to on, and then reconnect battery. Can't explain how relieved I was!

Perhaps this information should be put up as a sticky thread as this isn't the first time this has happened to me and can obviously be a serious problem.
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

The other way to do it is to turn on ignition and hold in the little button on the steering column.
Jonathan
1986 Mercedes Benz 190D 2.5
1979 GS 1220 Club Estate awaiting more welding
1952 David Brown 30D awaiting new liners
fodtommo
My Cars:

Post by fodtommo »

You can also do the following:

Open Fusebox and remove the big black fuse in the middle marked HD

Turn on the ignition.

Replace the fuse and hey presto!