Major electrical problem with phase 1 306

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andy-s69

Major electrical problem with phase 1 306

Post by andy-s69 »

i have a 306xs phase1 and the engine will not stop running when key removed from ignition (i have to disconect the batter). I have noticed that there are lights on the dash and the imobiliser seems to be bypassed (it will start without code being entered). There have been repaired broken wires on the loom by the drivers door, check a number of earthing points in the engine bay. Any ideas?????????

many thanks in advance

Andy
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Is it petrol or diesel ? what engine size ?
andy-s69

Post by andy-s69 »

Sorry....its 1600 petrol
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It looks very much like the double injection relay has been bypassed and the ECU is permanantly powered. Incredibly dangerous.

Maybe the double injection relay failed and this was a bodge to get round it.

It really needs some Pug 306 wiring diagrams which I don't have unfortunately. I can only offer a generic wiring diagram showing the general arrangement of the wiring of the double injection relay.

Basically, one side of it is supplied with a permanantly live supply and the other via an ignition switched supply.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...