206 8v service

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pentoman

206 8v service

Post by pentoman »

Hi,

I've got a 206 1.6 8v, year 2000. Service light just came on; 2 years and 15000 miles since its last service. Car now has 88000 miles.

I am wondering whether to get it serviced at the dealer or do it myself. Firstly I have already had the cambelt changed so that's the major stuff done. What else needs doing? I think it's a major service but unsure as the service schedule is not too clear.

What's the difference in what needs doing for the major and minor (A and B) service?

Also will the dealer look for/find any preventative maintenance bulletins from Peugeot, or will they update the software in the car? (Can I ask them to??)
sparky33

Post by sparky33 »

Do it yourself, main things changed are oil and filter/air filter, the rest is just checks and fluid top ups, Haynes will give you a guide to the service, and you can reset the service indicator yourself.
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

I'd also give it some new plugs and leads as you're no sure wich service it is,
that way you still save money and get a proper service done.
The service light reset on a 406 is = push trip counter reset buton, then turn on ignistion and hold the buton in untill the service light stops flashing and resets it's self, I would think it's the same for the 206.
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
01 306 HDI 90 meridian estate
Brew my own biodiesel

http://www.shorewasteoil.xtreemhost.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;