106 Gear linkages

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dazal

106 Gear linkages

Post by dazal »

Hi i am new here ,

I have just got a 106 diesel 5 dor 1998 s reg.
it appears and i can not work out why ??
Some one has fitted the wrong type of gear box linkage , the bottom short one and the top long one has been cut and welded ?
and looking at the pictures of the parts it should be they look nothing like.
i would like to put the correct ones on as the joint are loose,and i am having trouble selecting gears now and then , should i change anything else as well as ?
Are all 106 gear likages the same ?
and if not how can i tell ?
please help and i could not find another post on forum.
Thankyou Darren
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Darren and welcome to the forum :D

As far as I know, all the 106s and Saxos have very similar linkages.

I suspect a bodge there. The problem is that one balljoint per linkage is rubber mounted and they are difficult to remove without tearing the rubber. It can be done but it needs huge care. I expect someone has done just that and "cobbled" something up from a vaiety of odd ends of rods.

Bad, as the length and bends in the selector rods are very critical.

Sounds like the only option is to replace them. Try a scrappy but do be careful how you pop the joints off. use a forked tool that will get right under the joint and not strain the rubber.

Actually, the rods are not expensive top buy new from Peugeot and that may, ultimately, be the best thing to do.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dazal

Thanks

Post by dazal »

Thanks jim ,
i was thinking along those, i had seen some rubber mounted ones and some rally spec ones which are adjustable but wasnt too sure ,
think i will stick to the normal ones and will be having a trip to peugeot this week.