an experiement, expected outcome?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

504GLD

an experiement, expected outcome?

Post by 504GLD »

I've got my 504 diesel to bits for a restoration. As part of this I have taken the 2.3 XD2 engine and made some basic modifications - but I need some helpfull suggestions to a few bits of the 'engine' project.

So...

I have fitted KKK K24 turbo and manifolds from a 2.5 XD3T engine, along with the XD3T pump and oil supply. I intend to swop over the injectors as well so there is a complete set. Do you think there is going to be excessive over fuelling? I obviously want a bit of poke from the old lump...

The oil feed for the injector pump bearing is externally fed on my version of the XD block. I intend to take an oil feed from the now defunct oil in/out previously used for a 505 oil cooler. Will there be too much presure? as there no oil cooler for 504 I have not felt the need to fit the slightly bigger 505 oil pump. Would it be better to fit a loop pipe in place of the cooler and a single splice from it to the bearing - or single feed from the oil out and block off the oil in.

I have changed the drive belt arrangement to that for a Ford Sierra designation using the different timing chain cover -to do away with the unreliable electromagnetic fan set up. I need to fit a electric fan, suggestions here...Kenlowe?

thanks