Some help with the Matrix - Please

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ross
My Cars:

Some help with the Matrix - Please

Post by Ross »

Morning all and seasons greetings - unfortunately it seems I must replace the heater matrix on my daughters 306 diesel - she recently bought the car (without any help) and the matrix has been by-passed - so I assume the thing was leaking - it also seems most of the dashboard has already been out once as things aren't quite right (god bless daughters who always know best - lol)
Is there a definitive thread on here which covers the removal - how bad is the job - how long to do - is it as bad as most of what I have read suggests - can I get another daughter who doesn't know it all - lol :)
Any comments would be helpful as generally I avoid anything to do with the interior particularly the dashboard
Thanks and Happy Xmas
Ross
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Some help with the Matrix - Please

Post by CitroJim »

Ross wrote:can I get another daughter who doesn't know it all - lol :)
No, they're all like that Ross :twisted: :lol:

Generally, follow the many words that have been said for swapping the Xantia matrix. I have no direct experience of doing a 306 but it's almost certain the dash will have to come right out and the heater box moved forward a little. If it has A/C, one hopes there is sufficient "give" to move the heater box just far enough out to extract the matrix.

Again I expect it uses a water connection joint like the Xantia and these are prone to brakage. That may well be the problem. How was it bypassed?

Generally, heater matrix jobs are easy enough but very tedious and time-consuming, needing a lot of dismantling. When we did my Xantia, we laid all the bits out in the conservatory in rough order of reassembly.

Get help as the dash will be a lot heavier than you might expect.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...