307: Electrical Issue on Starting

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kuzukuzu
My Cars:

307: Electrical Issue on Starting

Post by kuzukuzu »

Howsit :)

My mum's 307 has developed an issue upon starting. Basically, when the key is turned the engine begins to turn, but fails to fire. The process is also accompanied by a loud beep sound, but no warnings/warning lights. After a few goes the engine will eventually start, albeit with hesitation. It idles/drives fine and there are no warnings apparent.

At times that the engine does fail to start, the electrics seem to play up as well (wipers start and stop halfway depite being off - and will operate with the car off as well, the interior lights flash on and off..).

Any ideas ?

Cheers
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

My bet is that some kritters have moved in and started munching the cable harness :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

AndersDK wrote:My bet is that some kritters have moved in and started munching the cable harness :wink:
I read that as KNITTERS :oops:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Perhaps the kritters wanted to knit theselves a nice warm winter outfit from Pug wiring loom...

Seriously, the bleeping sound would appear to indicate the immobiliaser has not de-activated. It'll be the type with an RFID device in the key. My bet is the RFID device has failed. Do you have a spare key you could try?

If a spare key does the same, the RFID aerial that wraps around the ignition lock barrel may be out of place and not receiving a good signal.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Ashraf
My Cars:

Post by Ashraf »

Hello

Check wiring harness under drivers footwell near the accer pedal

Good Luck Ash
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If its a key or transponder aerial fault it should display on the multifunction screen 'engine immobiliser active'.