Got my official diagnostic sheet back!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

joshier

Got my official diagnostic sheet back!

Post by joshier »

Investigate stalling/non start fault. connect diagnostic equipment and read fault codes. intermittent fault as attached. suspect primary fault with throttle housing. needs replacement or may repair with removal and cleaning.
oxygen sensor requires further testing.

severe noise from cam belt/driven bearings. belt too tight. water pump has been leaking. no covers fitted. risk of cam-belt breakage.

new throttle housing £262.95 + fitting + V.A.T.

ATTACHED SHEET:

intermittent fault. inlet air thermistor function. open circuit. short circuit to V +ve.
intermittent fault. throttle potentiometer function
intermittent fault. oxygen sensor function. short circuit to earth.
intermittent fault. throttle potentiometer function. Track 1.
intermittent fault. throttle potentiometer function. Track 2.

- so, what does all of this mean?
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

What's the car, how old, who did the last cambelt change, who's been maintaining it?

With some more details someone on here might be able to tell you if that price is reasonable (assuming the diagnosis is correct).

The cambelt/water pump stuff looks like poor maintenance, possibly someone cutting corners on the cambelt change.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Got my official diagnostic sheet back!

Post by CitroJim »

joshier wrote: ATTACHED SHEET:

intermittent fault. inlet air thermistor function. open circuit. short circuit to V +ve.
intermittent fault. throttle potentiometer function
intermittent fault. oxygen sensor function. short circuit to earth.
intermittent fault. throttle potentiometer function. Track 1.
intermittent fault. throttle potentiometer function. Track 2.
I believe it's a 106/Paxo of some sort Homer. Exactly which model Josh?

Seen the first fault logged up on a Paxo 1.6VTR recently. The lad down the road whose first 1.1 Paxo I did an engine transplant back in the summer has swapped it fora 1.6VTR that has been in tha hands of a "boy racer" :twisted: . he has exactly the same intermittent problem.

I cleared the fault and it returned. His has a K&N cone filter on it and the original airbox is nowhere to be seen. Under torchlight I could not see where the inlet air sensor was but hazard it might be ratting around in the K&N but time and darkness precluded a further investigation. I reckon the K&N was not entirely blameless and would far rather see the pukka airbox in place.

The next faults suggests a wiring problem with the oxygen sensor and the remaining faults are certainly related to the throttle body.

In fact all suggest wiring issues and it will be worth unplugging and checking the connectors to the Inlet Air Temperature Sensor, those on the throttle body and the connector to the Oxygen sensor.

Ultimately though, replacement of the Throttle Body may be the only long-term solution. A breakers may provide but do make sure you get the right one. There are four or more possible variants depending on model. Two or more made by Bosch and two made by Magnetti Marelli. I'm not sure about interchangability but doubt it.

On the other issues, I'm with Homer. Shocking maintenance and perhaps the cambelt covers were left off as some think it's "cool" not to have them and to be able to see the sprockets spinning around. Not so cool when a stone lodges in the camblet though. A cambelt breakage is 100% goodnight Vienna to these engines. Get those covers back on ASAP and get that water pump done as well.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...