Blower problem with a 406

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Blower problem with a 406

Post by red_dwarfers »

My neighbour has an R reg 406 and he's having a bit of trouble with the blower.
To start off with, when the blower used to stop, he could kick under the glovebox and it would kick in again suggesting slightly corroded contacts, we had a look at this and cleaned them out a bit (there wasn't really much in the way of corrosion).

The last couple of days, the blower hasn't been working at all no matter what happens. Im tempted to say that it's the ignition switch like the Xantias, but are the 406's wired up silly like them?
He's got Air Con but no climate control by the way.

He's just dropped the blower motor out to test it at this very moment :)
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

my XANT one plays up every year, and i just had not got round to fixing it, but i know it was/is a bad conection on one of the heavy cables going into the 4 way plug, as it had melted the side of the plastic plug wright next to the offending terminal,

this year it desided to pack up altogether, so the other day i pulled the plug out to see if i could chop just the bad terminal off, then fit a new lucar terminal, the prob is the only new terminals i had with me are the blue ones, and they are not suited to that gauge of wire,

so i squeezed the original one and ran a file through it, there was no corrosion it had just got hot,

since doing this it has worked every day without fail

regards malcolm
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Blower problem with a 406

Post by ACTIVE8 »

red_dwarfers wrote:My neighbour has an R reg 406 and he's having a bit of trouble with the blower.
To start off with, when the blower used to stop, he could kick under the glovebox and it would kick in again suggesting slightly corroded contacts, we had a look at this and cleaned them out a bit (there wasn't really much in the way of corrosion).

The last couple of days, the blower hasn't been working at all no matter what happens. Im tempted to say that it's the ignition switch like the Xantias, but are the 406's wired up silly like them?
He's got Air Con but no climate control by the way.

He's just dropped the blower motor out to test it at this very moment :)

I had been wondering about that, regarding the blower problem, and also if the 406 had heater matrix problems too!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.