307 HDi - Dead Turbo???

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

p20

307 HDi - Dead Turbo???

Post by p20 »

Hi, its been a while since i've been on here, because i haven't had any problems with the car :D (i'm not experienced enough to offer advice either)

However my 307 SW HDi110 has gone wrong. Whilst out driving today, it stopped accelerating whilst i was driving up a sliproad. It felt like a fuel blockage initially, but failed to clear. Even the 'italian tune up' failed to make any difference. I then realised that the turbo had stopped ](*,)

I've checked the pipes with a friend who knows about these things (a fellow forum user) and they are all in order. There is no whistling from the turbo (i can normally hear the turbo up and down) I can't see any excessive smoke and the temps seem normal :roll:

So two questions really. Is it safe to drive or will i cause further damage?
Any idea on likely repair or costs?

Cheers for any help :D
307SW HDi 110
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Is this a 2.0 litre or a 1.6 ?

First step is to locate the turbo electrovalve (I have no idea where this is on a 307), If its a 1.6 it will likely be bolted to the engine block on the rear. If you follow the small vaccum pipe coming from the turbo it will lead you to it. When you find the valve remove the 2 pipes & join them together with a small piece of brake pipe or similar, this should give the turbo full boost all the time, take it for a drive & if it boosts then the turbo is ok, if not then you will need to check the vaccum circuit/electrovalve.
p20

Post by p20 »

Hi. Its a 2.0 8valve. Will have a look at the pipes again
307SW HDi 110
p20

Post by p20 »

hi. It turned out to be a fault with the wastegate. Fixed now. Cheers
307SW HDi 110