406 climate control lights

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Village
My Cars:

406 climate control lights

Post by Village »

as per the title, the illumination for the climate control nobs/buttons/display are hors de combat. Particularly the back light for the display although some of the buttons light up ok.

My question is, what sort of bulbs are fitted and how many of them are there? I'm going to replace the whole lot as my experience with my ZX dash bulbs has convinced me that taking the dash apart every 2-3 weeks to replace a couple of bulbs is not time well spent!

Cheers

Pete
French car free zone....
Village
My Cars:

Post by Village »

Right ho,

Job jobbed last weekend whilst I was at the Outlaws in sunny Skeggy. The lights are accessed by removing the climate control part of the dash (remove blanking panel above and radio below to access locating screws) and removing the bulb holders. There are 7 bulbs which are the 1.2w 12v capless type http://www.prospectautospares.co.uk/286 ... s_4349.htm I didn't buy mine from this place, I got them from a local motor factor, but they're the same thing. Each bulb is in a plastic holder into which it is a press fit

I used a pair of nedle nosed pliers to get the holders out (and back in again) as the space is quite limited.

In true BOL fashion, refitting is the reverse of removal.

Ignition on, and I could tell what the climate control was trying to do to me (in this case it was trying to toast me alive as it was set to 30°) for the first time in several weeks.

tidy

Pete
French car free zone....
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

well done Pete..

I should be picking up my first 406 tomorrow :)