407 error codes

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bobsp

407 error codes

Post by bobsp »

I have just had my Depollution systm faulty reset.

The error codes that were there are

P0121 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0123 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input
P0413 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve A Circuit Open
P1158 Lack of HO2S 22 switching - Sensor indicates rich
P1161 S2000PM1 - Throttle position copy.

It came back on 100 miles later.

I think I am ok sorting out the throttle position sensor (P0121)
Sorting this may sort P0123

How do I sort the others, any ideas?

Thanks

Bob
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

What tool was used to read these codes? The reason I ask is that some generic diagnostic tools produce codes which the tool cannot clear whereas the manufacturers one can. i.e. don't take these codes as gospel unless it came via a Peugeot Diag.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
bobsp

Post by bobsp »

Ahh, it was done at Mr Clutch, when I got it MOT'd....

They were the codes they gave me. I dint really want to go to peugeot, as they just slap new parts on hoping to fix the problem. It is out of warranty now..............
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Ah right, the fact that they list the codes starting with 'P' suggests that used a EOBD tester, I've had similar experiences of five different codes being produced which I couldn't clear until I used my Lexia (the Citroën diagnostic tool). The codes may well be genuine but from personal experience don't be surprised if you end up on a wild goose chase looking for the end of a rainbow, been there done that :roll:. The ECU may need a software upgrade or re-setting to clear the fault (which is not simply clearing the fault codes).
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
bobsp

Post by bobsp »

Ok, thanks, where/how do I do that? the car has only done 27k

Bob
TBONE
My Cars:

Post by TBONE »

the fact there are many codes is good because it means only one thing is causing the problem and my guess is P0413 secondary air injection (AIR) solenoid a - short circuit and possible causes are wiring short circuit, AIR solenoid, ECM.
all the other codes point to fuel/air mix so only one sensor could do that unless you've been doing some wiring and shorted a few things out
bobsp

Post by bobsp »

Hmm,

the only wiring I have had done since new is electrics for a tow bar, by trident trailers. Do you know where I shold sart regarding the short, surely the towbar electrics wouldn't have caused this would they?
TBONE
My Cars:

Post by TBONE »

I would start at the secondary air solenoid I also doubt the tow bar would have caused any problems if it was fitted by a fitter.

one thing to remember is the 407 uses the same engine as the Citroen so you could look for the equivalent by joining the service site

http://service.citroen.com/

no need to put any personal information just answer A or something to that effect to all questions but give your email then you will receive an email with your name and password so copy and paste is best or write it down ( don't use capitals on letters ) it doesn't recognise them