306 1999 hdi ENG LIGHT AND NOISE AFTER CLUTCH CABLE CHANGE

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia 1.9td 1999

306 1999 hdi ENG LIGHT AND NOISE AFTER CLUTCH CABLE CHANGE

Post by xantia 1.9td 1999 »

Hi

Iv recently had my clutch cable changed and iv ended up with a noise that seems to be coming from just behind the dashboard, i will and explain: As you accelarate the noise doesnt seem to be bad and sometimes just goes away however, when i am slowing down and braking the noise comes back, its like theirs something that gone loose? HELP, HAS ANYONE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS?

Also after the cable change the engine light (diagnostic light) has come on? Does anyone know how i can check the code without having to visit the dealers as they are asking for an arm and leg. The car drives fine. I am based in Birmingham if someone can HELP.

Regards
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Iv recently had my clutch cable changed and iv ended up with a noise that seems to be coming from just behind the dashboard, i will and explain: As you accelarate the noise doesnt seem to be bad and sometimes just goes away however, when i am slowing down and braking the noise comes back, its like theirs something that gone loose? HELP, HAS ANYONE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS?[/size]

Also after the cable change the engine light (diagnostic light) has come on? Does anyone know how i can check the code without having to visit the dealers as they are asking for an arm and leg. The car drives fine. I am based in Birmingham if someone can HELP.
Take it back! Stealers are 100% responsible.
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj