306 1.9td boost issues??

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nuneatonrob
My Cars:

306 1.9td boost issues??

Post by Nuneatonrob »

My better half has a 306 1.9td xud. I took it out for a drive the other day, and it feels significantly slower then the 1.9td I used to have, and the boost doesn't seem to kick in until 3000 to 3250 rpm....which is a lot higher than my old 306's 2500 rev boost threshold.

The engine doesn't blow smoke and it has just passed the mot and the guy made a comment on how clean the emmisions were.

Does it sound like there is anything wrong with it, or would you suggest just leaving it well alone??

It's done 124k and runs great, but fuel consumption seems to have increased slightly recently....don't know if this helps.

I have replaced all the filters fuel, air etc and the oil has only just been replaced.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

If its running very clean, its probably also running very lean. The max fuel adjustment could probably use a tweak. If its a Bosch pump its easy, the max fuel adjustment screw is located just above the two top injector pipes. If its a Lucas CAV pump you need to remove a plug from the side of the pump to access the adjustment.
treky9.9

306 1.9td boost issue??

Post by treky9.9 »

I had a similar problem with mine and from your comments about the lack of emissions it does sound boost diagphram related.

When the turbo kicks in it pushes compressed air through the inter-cooler, this has at the front a small diameter tube that taps off to the fuel pump. This tube opens the boost pressure diagphram (causing the exhaust ploom).

Mine had split! It therefore never got the extra fuel to mix with the extra air from the turbo.

I would have a good check around for the easy things first! Split pipes etc.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

or even check for intercooler duckting off or loose

regards malcolm