peugeot 306 lowering

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

samcarpug
My Cars:

peugeot 306 lowering

Post by samcarpug »

hi all i am a new member to this site and have a few questions about my car.

i have a 306 td and i would like to lower my car can anyone please tell me the best size springs to use without creating problems with the arches?? do i have to use heavy duty springs because its a diesel?? can anyone recommend how low to go please???

any answers will be appreciated
:D
thank you samcarpug
wish i had no problems!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi and welcome to the forum :D

Lowering a 306 is not quite as easy as just replacing four springs. It is at the front and a variety of suitable springs should be available from the usual sources but at the back, it is a case of removing the trailing arms and replacing them on the torsion bars one or two splines around to achieve a lower ride height.

This is easy in principle and is a doddle on a brand new car but over the years, corrosion sets in around the rear beam and the whole job becomes a living nightmare. As an ex-205GTi owner, I know :twisted:

The job on a 306 is precisely the same as on the 205GTi. Have a look at the 205 GTi Drivers website and on there you will find detailed instructions in the Articles section on how to both lower the rear and if necessary, how to refurbish your rear beam as I expect when you pull it apart, some remedial attention will be needed :(

Hope that's helped a little...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
samcarpug
My Cars:

thanks

Post by samcarpug »

ok thanks alot for that mate i will have a look on the 205 owners and see

many thanks.
wish i had no problems!