whitch head

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

saabsalltheway!
My Cars:

whitch head

Post by saabsalltheway! »

hi im thinking of buying a 106 'R' reg 1.1 its just had the head gausket done and its gone again but we think the head is cracked.
so for the question
will the head fit off a 2002 1.1 tu 206 thanks for your help paul
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

If they're both 8V heads, they should swap no problem. I've compared early and late 8V heads and can see very little significant difference :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
saabsalltheway!
My Cars:

thanks citrojim
yes they are both 8 valve
the only other thing ive been told is single point or multi point injection i would think both will be multi.

only other thing i might not be in the position to buy it now cus i had a tow back home last night in my saab with a gearbox problem mega money to fix thanks again PAUL
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about the gearbox :cry: Hope it can be fixed without too much pain in the wallet.
saabsalltheway! wrote: the only other thing ive been told is single point or multi point injection i would think both will be multi.
Should not be a problem as it's determined by the inlet manifold and the manifolds are easily swappable...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
saabsalltheway!
My Cars:

thanks everyone
well ive now been quoted £350 for a second hand gear box and the same to recon it. so i was thinking i should be able to buy a pug 106 in half good condition for that money so i think every things being put on hold.
have a good one guys