306 Injector pump swap?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Breedsey
My Cars:

306 Injector pump swap?

Post by Breedsey »

Hi All, I have a 1996 306 DTurbo, my Lucas injector pump's leaking at the top where the throttle linkage comes out (too much veg oil :P )

I want to fit a veg oil friendly Bosch pump to it, I understand I'll need to get all the pipework and injectors that come with the Bosch pump, my question is, will I need to get a pump off another 1.9 turbo engine or will a non turbo one, or one from say a 1.8 engine work on it??

Is there anything else i'll need to know?

Also, is there an easy way to identify a Bosch pump from a lucas/cav pump?
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

I want to fit a veg oil friendly Bosch pump to it, I understand I'll need to get all the pipework and injectors that come with the Bosch pump, my question is, will I need to get a pump off another 1.9 turbo engine or will a non turbo one, or one from say a 1.8 engine work on it??

Is there anything else i'll need to know?
You are lucky that the Lucas pump hasn't gone AWOL... yes you will need the Bosch pipework and injectors. I have a Bosch pre- keypad (ideal) XUD TD pump for £40 + postage from Frogland if you are interested.
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
Breedsey
My Cars:

Post by Breedsey »

I've got a keypad immobilisor on mine but i've unplugged it, will it work?

And do you have any of the pipework to go with it?
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

I've got a keypad immobilisor on mine but i've unplugged it, will it work?
Yes
And do you have any of the pipework to go with it?
No
R.I.P. January 2010.
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Errr...

I´ve lost something here...
LoL you write that the keypad would be allright with a different pump ?
That would only be true if you have the correct code to go with the antitheft device on the pump ?

Or is it the body computer communicating with the antitheft device on the pump - therefore nothing is in fact changed - viewed from the antitheft system ?

Reason I ask is a previous discussion on a danish forum where we were at a loss on how to deal with pump changes for DIY repairs.

Breedsey - the earlier non-electronic Bosch pump piping & injectors should fit. They have been used on numerous Peugeot models over the years with same basic engine type (XUD)
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Breedsey
My Cars:

Post by Breedsey »

AndersDK wrote:
Or is it the body computer communicating with the antitheft device on the pump - therefore nothing is in fact changed - viewed from the antitheft system ?
As far as i understand it, as long as the immobilisor's telling the pump to run, it'll run, the code part is in the car part of it.
AndersDK wrote: Breedsey - the earlier non-electronic Bosch pump piping & injectors should fit. They have been used on numerous Peugeot models over the years with same basic engine type (XUD)
I'd heard somewhere that the pipework is different on the bosch pump, so you're saying the bosch pump is a straight swap for my lucas one?
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Errr...

I´ve lost something here...
LoL you write that the keypad would be allright with a different pump ?
That would only be true if you have the correct code to go with the antitheft device on the pump ?

Reason I ask is a previous discussion on a danish forum where we were at a loss on how to deal with pump changes for DIY repairs.
WITHOUT the keypad Anders, which is a pain in the arse
R.I.P. January 2010.
Previously...
fodtommo
My Cars:

Post by fodtommo »

Hi I am sure youve read my post from tuesday - it deals with how I got round the keypad issue - it works fine! :lol: and is pretty staightforward!
Breedsey
My Cars:

Post by Breedsey »

All done now, cheers for the advice, i got a bosch pump off an N reg (1995?)306 D turbo the same as mine, it didn't have a keypad so wasn't a problem.

Only swapped the pump, mounting bracket and injector pipes, didn't do the injectors, and it runs fine.
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

All done now, cheers for the advice, i got a bosch pump off an N reg (1995?)306 D turbo the same as mine, it didn't have a keypad so wasn't a problem.

Only swapped the pump, mounting bracket and injector pipes, didn't do the injectors, and it runs fine.
All's well that ends well! Good news - are you saying that you are still running Lucas injectors with the Bosch pump?
R.I.P. January 2010.
Previously...
Breedsey
My Cars:

Post by Breedsey »

Yep :D

The car the pump came from had already had the head removed so i couldn't get the injectors so i thought i'd give it a try without them, its been running 50 miles a day for 2 weeks now with no problems.