407 cutting out...

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spic01

407 cutting out...

Post by spic01 »

Hello people just joined the forum and would like to say Hi... :D

The other reason for this post is that i have just purchased a Peugeot 407 1.6 HDI SE. Everything is great accept for the car cutting out on me while im driving it, when i say cutting out the cars ignition is staying as normal but the power is snatched a way while the engine is under load, if you drive the car very carefuly as in you press the power pedal very gently then the car will run ok for a short time but as soon as you depress the the power pedal normanly then 7 times out of ten the power will be snatched ! I have read the fault codes on a snapp-on code reader and the cade was : PO335-Crank shaft position sensor,Circuit malfunction wire, Ecm. So upon this i replaced the crank shaft / speed sensor but this has no affect :( , i read the codes again and there is now a secound code : P1351. but this was a unamed code and i cant find it on any of the code data base at my friends garage...Not realy sure where to turn now, The car is un-drivable realy as when you pull away its quiye dangerous as most times it stalls... Any help would be greatfuly recived... Many thanks in advanced Steve.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum :D

The (very) scant information I can find on the P1351 error still indicates a problem with the crank position sensor although the information I did find relates to petrol engines although on an HDI the principle is much the same, rather than firing plugs, you are opening injectors so essentially the same process.

I'd be tempeted to check that the new sensor is correctly mounted as the distance it sits from the toothed wheel it is sensing is critical. Also check the toothed wheel is spotlessly clean as iron filings or other general debris and dirt on it can upset its function; this has been the cause of ABS faults when dirt and grease on the "dragons teeth" on the hubs/CV joints have upset the ABS.

I'd also very carefully check the wiring from the sensor to the ECU. In particular, if the wire is screened, check the integrity of the screening as interference received on the wires from bad screening can upset the signal passed to the ECU from the sensor and cause timing errors.

I'm sorry it's all a bit vague and non-specific Steve :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spic01

Post by spic01 »

Many thanks for the info Jim... The car is with my local peugeot dealer at the moment but if they have no joy i will ensure to check the points you have pointed out, if i get anywhere i will post the progress as it goes.

Steve.