106 heater switch

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

markja55

106 heater switch

Post by markja55 »

hi guys,
does any one know how to get the heater switch out of the center console on a 106 t reg? alternitivly, how do i get the console off or lose so i can get behind it to the rear of the switch?
my daughters car only blows on max and i want to check the switch. also are there any other bits i should look at if it's not the switch.
thanks for any help you may have, it's her baby and it's getting her down.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Mark -

1) Does the blower runs constantly on max, no matter the selector position ?
- i.e. can it not be turned off and then runs constantly at the moment the ignition key is turnd on ?

2) Or does the control now act as a simple on/off selector ?
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
markja55

Post by markja55 »

it only blows when on position three. 1 & 2 do nothing.
the problem i have is i can't figure out how to get the switch out of the dash/console. and / or ; can't see how the console is released if i need to get behind it.
cheers, mark.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I believe you should first try the blower motor.
According to servicebox there is no separate speed contol module for the 106 blower fan with no aircondition fitted.
This means that the speed module must reside on the blower motor body itself - somewhere up under (in UK) drivers side of dash.

There is of course a chance the control switch is failing - or a connector has dislodged in the center dash. But mostly speed related problems are to be found in ny speed module itself.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
markja55

Post by markja55 »

i shall stuff my head up the dash next time she's over and see what's what!!

still can't figure out how to get the console off to access the switch though. i have looked all round it and can find no clips or screws. :(
markja55

Post by markja55 »

looked at the 106 this weekend.no joy, no little bits showing that could be heater modules. no way to get the console off. (unless a hammer is used ) surely someone on this forum has the required knowhow to get the console off? it can't be to difficult but i just can't see how to do it. :?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the module is part of the heater blower motor, its located just to the right of the pedals.