405 estate - dropping the headlining

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

r.welfare
My Cars:

405 estate - dropping the headlining

Post by r.welfare »

Thanks to this beautiful weather, I've noticed that the headlining of my 405 estate (no sunroof) is "ballooning" around the offside rear window. Touching it around the door opening identified that it was damp...so the mastic gun will evidently need dusting off!

The headlining has come away from the backing over the front seats (a quick bit of work with a staple gun sorted that out) anyway, so this is really the last straw for it. Interestingly my other "spares" estate has a mint headlining, so I'd like to swap the two - or try and repair this one with some spray glue, perhaps. In other words - it needs to come out. But how?

I haven't reviewed the Haynes BoL for information, but one assumes that I need to remove the grab handles, courtesy light/IR locking receiver section, sunvisors etc then all the plastic trims around the tops of the windows. This should be relatively straightforward, as I've removed the ones above the door windows before when changing a front seat belt - I'm more concerned about the A-pillar trims, as it looks like the dash might need to come out...

Anyone removed the headlining in it's entirety before, and could give me any tips?

Cheers
Richard
'93 405 Hunter TD estate