107's anyone?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C.J.
My Cars:

107's anyone?

Post by C.J. »

Done a search, and can't find any posts on Pug's baby.
Anyone in here got one, and if so, you happy with it?

Bought the missus one 3 months ago, and i must say I'm well impressed with what it's intended for....local runs.
Virtualy no complaints at all, apart from the same old story common to most cars....dashboard reflection in certain light conditions, especially the center grille thing on the top of the dash'.
Otherwise, no complaints and a damned good purchase.
Even the local Pug mechanics seem to like them, so that says it all to me really.
Colin

My cars:
1988 AX GT and still running sweet. Genuine 41 k only!!
2005 Skoda Fabia vRS 83k...and truly awesome.
Vauxhall Combo crew cab SE
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

Eriba Puck caravan now too!!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

its because its japaneese thats why, its virtually identical to the Citroen C1 & the toyota aygo.
Is yours the toyota petrol engine or the PSA diesel engine ? the 1.4 HDi really moves in these small cars
Iv heard of a few problems with water ingress at the front doors. Iv also hear that you dont get a lot of warning for low fuel, when the fuel light comes on it means get fuel fast.
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

wheeler wrote:its because its japaneese thats why, its virtually identical to the Citroen C1 & the toyota aygo.
Is yours the toyota petrol engine or the PSA diesel engine ? the 1.4 HDi really moves in these small cars
Iv heard of a few problems with water ingress at the front doors. Iv also hear that you dont get a lot of warning for low fuel, when the fuel light comes on it means get fuel fast.
1.0 litre 3 cylinder..
Yes, i believe all 3 models are produced on the same production line, somewhere in the Czech Repupublic.
Love the noise it makes. Sounds like a small V6! :lol: Quite pokey too.
Aircon, lecky windows, central locking and approx 60mpg 'round town, all for 5 thousand, £35 VED, and 18 months warranty left too. Can't grumble at that. :wink:

I agree over the fuel guage though. It isn't a guage at all. It's a 'panic NOW light. :roll:
Colin

My cars:
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by evilally »

I read a top gear test in the paper that found the petrol to be significantly more economical than the diesel. I'd love to see a decent hot hatch version of one of these, I think it'd be a riot :twisted:
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.
C.J.
My Cars:

Post by C.J. »

evilally wrote:I read a top gear test in the paper that found the petrol to be significantly more economical than the diesel. I'd love to see a decent hot hatch version of one of these, I think it'd be a riot :twisted:
Their is a dedicated forum for owners, but seems to mainly consist of youngsters talking about ICE, boom boom boxes and remaps. :roll:
Proper little diesel performance installed unit would be good though, I agree....bit like my Fabia....best of both worlds, performance AND economy, thereby not detracting from the cars original intention.
Colin

My cars:
Citroen Saxo 1.4 Furio.

Their cars:
Hyundai Getz.
Hyundai i20

np
My Cars:

Post by np »

B in laws girlfriend has a C1 Petrol 5 door Airplay.Got it brand new on the never never.Been in it a few times & driven it.I`m 6ft 3 & can sit in the back no probs at all.Would`nt want to get rear ended if i was inb the back though :( .I do find with my size 11`s a bit more room is needed around the pedels.Even with all 4 of us in it it gets up to speed quite well,upto about 50 mph.A bit noisey on the motorway,but around town its great.Nothing has gone wrong in 2 odd years she has had it,but then there is NOTHING to go wrong :D .Its very basic,but great to drive.
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k