406 1.9 td poor start

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent news Ray :D

Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.

My 2.1TD is now starting on the button since replacing the leakoffs and puttingt he right glowplugs back in :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

citrojim wrote:My 2.1TD is now starting on the button since replacing the leakoffs and putting the right glowplugs back in :D
Did GSF give us the wrong ones? :?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:Did GSF give us the wrong ones? :?
Yes, they did Richard :cry:

Led me a bit of a dance for a bit, working out why starting was worse after changingt them :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
rayc
My Cars:

Post by rayc »

Day 2 and all is well! \:D/

It was worth the toil of getting the plug out from behind the pump :shock:

Magnet probes are a brillian bit of kit! Especially when you got hands like shovels :oops:
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

In my findings NGK Glow plugs are rubbish & not suited to the XUD TD engine.
....I put a brand new set in my ZX 1.9 TD a few years ago & poor cold starting instantly followed...tried another set...same thing....fitted a set of different glow plugs...good cold starting instantly returned.

Keep away from NGK glow plugs.....I have it on good authority that they're no good :wink:

Cheers.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

uncle buck wrote:In my findings NGK Glow plugs are rubbish & not suited to the XUD TD engine.
....I put a brand new set in my ZX 1.9 TD a few years ago & poor cold starting instantly followed...tried another set...same thing....fitted a set of different glow plugs...good cold starting instantly returned.

Keep away from NGK glow plugs.....I have it on good authority that they're no good :wink:

Cheers.
What sort would those be uncle buck?
uncle buck
My Cars:

Post by uncle buck »

I believe they were made by Durite....these were the ones that the shop supplied to replace the NGK's.

I have used all different makes of glow plugs in my ZX over the years & have never experienced such poor starting as I did with the NGK's....honestly give them a wide berth.
2006 C4 1.6 HDi 16V (92) non FAP
2001 Xsara II 1.4 LX
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer